This class provides participants with working and practical understandings of low-light and defensive shooting with a single light source.
The two-hour class is divided between classroom lecture and practical training on the range. Students need to know and be able to demonstrate safe gun handling, weapon system familiarity and, basic marksmanship.
· The human eye and how it works in low light
· Movement in low light.
· Positive target identification.
· State Laws.
· Selection of support equipment used in low light (flashlights, weapon mounted light, night sites)
· Alternate flashlight uses
· Survival techniques with or without an alternative light source.
· Use of weapons mounted lights
· Dry and live fire drills utilizing alternative light sources
· Pistol or revolver in or of the following calibers: .380, 9mm, 357SIG, 38SPL, .357 Magnum, .40S&W, .45ACP
· Handheld flashlight
· Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning
· Casual, comfortable civilian clothing suitable for training in any weather
· Proper eyewear
· Ear protection
· Estimated round count: 250 rounds . Ammunition is available for purchase from Elite Indoor Gun Range